
What do you do when your room is one of the only three that wasn't ready on time? You take pictures!

A small piazza just down the block from the hotel. Not really in town yet.

In that same small piazza. Not sure what this is. But it is pretty.

A pharmacy!

The main piazza.

The arch leading into the piazza.

The merry go round in the piazza!

The most awesome book store EVERR. Yes I bought books.

A street.

I ate a panini.

So pretty.

The piazza again.

Another piazza.

Statue in the piazza.

The piazza.

Palazzo vecchio which is in the second piazza.

Side street.

Oh so nice. Chianti is fantastic.

Streets.... Ponte Vecchio? not sure. I don't think so.

Not ponte vecchio. In the piazza by Santa Croce.

Santa Croce

The piazza. It was SO HOT.

Santa Croce.

Dante. Statue two of the toilet series. I only have a picture of statue two. The first one is inside Santa Croce, he looks like he is going potty. This one he looks like he is wiping his butt. The last one is outside of a museum, and it looks like he is smelling is fingers. Gross, huh?

Dante!

Nice side streets.

I don't know what it says. Oh. That somebody was born here ore something. But he was most definitely not even born in Florence. Or from florence.

Ponte Vecchio!

Police!

This is where Mussolini and Hitler made their alliance. Interesting huh?

The duomo.

This is the baptisim thingy. I'm not sure... Apparently Dante got his idea for the Divine Comedy here.

Duomo from the back.

This means "Dante's Spot". It's where he hung out apparently to just sit and think.
More to come soon from the rest of my weekend.
i LOVE the wine picture with the corks! lovely!
ReplyDelete