Today I was up at six. When I’m the first person up, it sucks. The shower is always cold. The only good thing is the Italians don’t get up until right when we’re leaving around 8, so there are never any random guys who are half naked in the shower I need to use.
One of the other girls convinced me (I don’t know how) that I shouldn’t go into town to get a newspaper. I should have gone. I was bored out of my mind. And then I got something I didn’t like very much at the café. Tomorrow I want to go much much earlier. And then walk into town to get the newspaper and then maybe when I get back to the café, buy a bottle of water. Or maybe at a tabaccheria. Not sure yet.
Michele and all the other students and teachers met us at the café. And we all walked to class together. Which is located at the middle school. The room we’re in has some pretty paintings on the walls that I took pictures of.
[Pictures of the walls]
First we spent an hour introducing ourselves. It wouldn’t have taken so long, but Michele would go off on strange tangents that had nothing to do with anything. Like Bruce Springsteen. I swear, every time I talk to Michele, he talks about Bruce. Oh! Michele went to school with Kobe Bryant in elementary school apparently… kind of cool.
We played a jeopardy type game that was really fun and my team barely won. Half of the questions were things like name ten Italian soccer players. And I’m like… UHHHH… SOCCER? We all know how much I’m not a sports person.
[Picture of the class]
Today I was wearing a skirt. It is so hot out. Next time I’m not going out until after six, or maybe until after dinner. When it cools down. Hopefully it rains again. I hear the thunder now!
I’m so hungryyyyy. I got a snacky type thing at the store and tiny plastic bowls. I realized that the tiny plastic bowls could solve the problem I’ve been having with my soap (and lack of a soap dish). I’d been using the box to hold the soap, but now this will work better (I hope).
Then I went to the bookstore. And I asked the little old woman there if she could find me a book that was small and in Italian so I could practice reading in Italian. She kept insisting that I needed an Italian grammar book. And I kept saying no. And she looked confused, and I was confused. And then I guess somebody who works for her came in with her cappuccino (I guess all Italians need a mid-day fix) understood what I was asking for and gave me what looks like a play by Luigi Pirandello. I don’t know who that is, but I hope it is good, and that I can understand it.
Now I’m back in my room taking a small break before dinner but I’m about to go meet up with some people on the terrace. I’ve got to find my meal card first though!
Meeting up on the terrace was just kind of okay… There are people I'm not that fond of, and thankfully I don't have class with them.
I just realized that I have to go out tomorrow right after class or right after lunch to talk to the people in Urbino and “interview” them. Fun, but I’m gonna get sweaty.
Dinner was pretty good. Probably because I was starving. Right now I’m snacking on Panna e Cacao. They are sooo good. These little cookies. I wish they had a serving size on them so I could get myself to stop eating.
People want to go to the café, but I’ve got homework. I think I’m going to stay here to do that. I can’t concentrate around other people. They boys went to play soccer like two hours ago, I don’t know if they are back.
I want internet. Once I have internet, I feel like I’ll be better about going out and doing things and getting things done because I will have a way to get in touch with everybody.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You keep mentioning the heat.
ReplyDeleteJust wait, because I am sure the summer heat is just beginning!